[Gpdd] Peter Gurney: Memorial Candle-lighting March 9th!

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 14:17:04 EST 2015

Monday, March 9th, will be a special day on the Digest, and we hope,
elsewhere as well.  It is our Annual Peter Gurney Memorial
Candle-lighting, which honors Peter Gurney, as well as our other friends
who have passed on -- guinea pigs, humans, and other special beings we
have loved (furred, finned, or feathered).  Peter Gurney was a tireless
advocate for guinea pigs, and March 9th was his birthday.  Please light
a candle at 8 p.m., your time, and as others light candles in their own
time zones, the light will move around the world.  Feel free to tell
others about this event, so the light will shine in as many places as
possible.

Afterwards, please post here on the Digest or send Audrey (whose gp,
Gordon, was the secretary for this event for many years) an e-mail at
agbmcmd at yahoo.com, letting her know where you lit your candle (city,
state, country).  She will compile a list of the many spots where we
collectively honored Peter and our other friends.

Thanks!

Cindy, Ethan, and Eddie