[Gpdd] Peter Gurney: Annual Candle-lighting March 9th!

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 28 15:13:26 EST 2015

It's hard to believe that Peter Gurney passed away almost nine years
ago, in 2006, but you can help keep his memory alive by lighting a
candle on his birthday, March 9th.  Peter contributed enormously to the
care and understanding of guinea pigs, and each year, we on the Digest
light candles to honor him.  The lights also serve as a memory of other
friends we've lost -- guinea pigs, people, and others(furred, finned, or
feathered).  Please light your candle at 8 p.m. onthe 9th. We've had
participants from both the Northern and Southern Hemispheres and from
various continents, so please pass the word along to anyone who might
want to join in this event.  As people light candles in their own time
zones, the light moves around the world.

After this event, please send a post to the Digest listing your city or
town, as well as your state and country, or e-mail Audrey
(agbmcmd at yahoo.com) withthe information. She will compile a list of
where each candle was lit. Please join us on March 9th!

Cindy, Ethan, and Eddie