[Gpdd] HEALTH Hina'u's paralysis

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 15:46:14 EST 2015

Ellen,

There could be many other things going wrong with your precious Hina'u.
Bloat is a terrible affliction but sudden onset paralysis, with no other
symptoms, can be fixed with calcium + Vit D.

I use Osteocare, available over the counter from the pharmacy and I hope
that something similar is available in Hawaii. I remember our Ann saying
that something called Osteocal was available in the US. It's not quite the
same ingredients but near enough and does have the all important added Vit
D.

It is the combination of the calcium plus the Vit D that is important. I
give 1ml. per day for two days and then 0.5ml for the next few days until
piggy is up and running. I stress that this only works for the sudden onset
paralysis - anything else will need treatment from the vet.

It is perfectly safe to give Osteocare along with any other medication as
it is a supplement not a drug.

All the very best.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.