[Gpdd] HEALTH: Important-Callie is not eating

Lynn Williams mlwilliams at clear.net
Fri Jan 23 16:09:20 EST 2015

Hello all,

I need some info please.  I have noticed the last few days that some of the
veggies and about half of the water is not being consumed.  My girls share a
cage so I wasn't sure who was the culrit.  I got both pigs out and got Earl
to help me look at their teeth.  He said they both looked normal to him.  No
overgrowth, no broken teeth, etc.  Then I weighed them.  Callie has
definitely lost a few  ounces since her last weighing last month.  And, I
can feel the difference.  I thought Eve was just getting fat.   I tried
feeding Callie a piece of lettuce last night since it is soft.  She nibble
at  it but didn't want to eat it.  I tried again wih a piece of apple with
the same results.

So, now I'm worried.  I have some Critter be Bettr and am going to syringe
her with it.  I need to know how much and how often to give it to her.  It
doesn't tell you on the bottle.  Oh, also, her poops are not soft and there
has been no runny poop in the cage.  I pick it up every day by hand so I can
tell what is going on with them.  I am also going to syringe her some water
and again, I need some advice on how much and how often.  Right now she is
at 2 lbs. 1 oz.  I looked at her weight for last year this time and it was
down 7 oz. from then.

Please, any advice will be greatly appreciated.,

Thanks, Lynn