[Gpdd] [HEALTH]Callie

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Sun Jan 25 08:23:27 EST 2015

Dear Lynn,
I agree with Penny about taking Callie to the vet. Piggys have 20 teeth
that grow continually and they all have to be examined. Also I would ask
your hubby to collect a fresh urine sample and keep it refrigerated on
the way to the vets. Just put her into a plastic box after you have
syringed her lots of water, cover box and she will pee. Collect urine in
clean jar with lid. Callie has lost a lot of weight. It could be due to
her teeth, or kidneys or an ovarian cyst, something else or just old
age. Is she also loosing hair along her sides or on her belly? Does she
have crusty nipples. An ovarian cyst will make her loose muscle mass and
thus weight but they do not usually make a piggy go off food. Pain is
the number one reason piggys stop eating. A urinary tract infection
definetly can cause pain. But also old age kidney function loss will
cause weight loss. As far as syringe feeding my rule of thumb is a
minimum of a shot glass of critical care and another shot glass of
water/day.

I am not a vet.
Cheers, Ann and the piggys of piggyville in Corsica France
--

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Corsica, France--