[Gpdd] [Health] Callie not eating

Evelyn Baker ebak at ca.inter.net
Sun Jan 25 22:15:39 EST 2015

Hi Lynn,

When my guinea pigs stopped eating because of teeth or other health
issues, I would give them cucumber and other juicy but tempting treats.
I syringe fed watered down apple juice to help their electrolytes.
Instead of syringe feeding food if I could avoid it was to soften
pellets or mix Critical Care with juice or water to make a paste and
roll it into a soft ball. This would often kickstart them. Sometimes
just not eating can make them not feel well and not want to eat and
getting something into them makes them feel well enough start eating again.

Evelyn

---