[Gpdd] [Announcement] Welcome Powder Puff!

scalabro3 scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jun 3 22:29:29 EDT 2015

Greetings, friends!  I have some good news to share for a change. After losing our dear Ghirardelli, the house seemed too quiet. No one was taking over town crier role, so I  went on Petfinder to find Godiva a new friend. All of the girls were partnered,  and I couldn't just take one of them, and then I saw a photo of the cutest little boar that I'd ever seen.

He looked so scared, and he was all by himself at the Tampa Bay SPCA. He was three months old, and he'd been there 27 days when I saw his photo. I called the rescue to see if they'd hold him for me, not wanting to drive three hours to find an empty pen.  They said that they couldn't do that, so I took the next day off of work and got there before they opened the next day.

When I saw him, he was even more beautiful than his picture. He's a pure white abby-puruvian mix with little red eyes. They're more like the classic albino eye than Chakalaka's ruby eyes. He was very timid, and he had a little piece of pipe in his pen that he liked to wedge himself into.

He wasn't called Powder Puff at the rescue. He had another name that my husband didn't think fit him, but we might use it as his secret agent name when he's old enough to go on adventures.

He's adapting well to his life here, and he's really becoming more outgoing. He loves to sit on top of his houses and run laps around his pen. The roll of town crier is definitely filled. Each morning he jumps up on top of his house and cries until my husband brings them food.

He's kind of quirky about food. Until recently, he wouldn't take anything from our hands. We had to put his treats on the top of his house, and he would go and get them as soon as we left the room.

He'll take carrots and apples from us now, but not anything else. If he gets a roommate, I'm sure that will change.

He was the sole survivor of an unplanned litter. I can't imagine how anyone could have given him up, but I'm so grateful that they did.

When we got home from Tampa, I looked at his paperwork and noticed that there was something significant about his birthdate. He was born on the same day that we lost Chakalaka.

It's nice to have a youngster in the house again. I love my senior citizens very much, but it's so much fun to have a little one running around again.

Wishing you all much happiness and green veggies!

ME in New Smyrna Beach with Donovan, Cocoa Puff, Godiva, and Powder Puff

Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport