[Gpdd] [Announcement] Not so Happy Dilly and Donnie Day

scalabro3 scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com
Thu Jun 11 21:57:40 EDT 2015

Greetings, friends. Friday is the 7th Anniversary of our adopting Dillon and Donovan from the Halifax Humane Society. Each year we have celebrated it as Dilly and Donnie Day.
This is the first year that we will not have Donnie to celebrate with us.  He left us for the Rainbow Bridge on Tuesday. It was quite a shock (or as much of a shock as losing an 8+ year old can be).
He had been doing really well the two days before he left. He was gaining weight and showed no signs of the dreaded stones. I think it was a massive heart attack. He dragged himself to the front of his pen to do the morning “Donnie Dance” and just fell over and died. At least it was quick.

His roommate, Cocoa Puff, is doing as well as can be expected. He immediately moved over to Donnie’s side of the pen and will only eat from Donnie’s bowl, which is a plastic lid from one of my husband's protein powders. We switched to it after Donnie broke off his teeth on the ceramic bowl.  I was going to recycle it, but Cocoa Puff seems resistant to using his own bowl, so I’ll keep it for a while.  I’m still putting out food for two. I guess I should stop that soon.

We’ve started the Cocoa Puff/Powder Puff introduction process. So far, so good. I’ll keep you posted.

I'll write a Rainbow Bridge for Donnie when I can. Right now, it's just too hard. Since his stroke in November, my life has pretty much revolved around caring for him. He has left quite a void.

So, raise a glass of carrot juice to celebrate the lives of the two pigs who started our cavy madness.

I hope that you all have a Happy Dilly and Donnie Day!  Best Wishes,

ME in New Smyrna Beach with Cocoa Puff, Powder Puff, and Godiva in our home and with Dillon, Donovan, Puffy, Twinkie, Ghirardelli, Reese, Dilly Jr., and Chakalaka Forever in our Hearts.