[Gpdd] Health: Jim has a lump

M Fug mfug at live.co.uk
Tue Jun 16 03:07:40 EDT 2015

Hi Everyone,

A few months ago we noticed Jim had a small lump on his side near his rear leg at that time it felt exactly like Spooky's sebaceous cyst so we were not worried by it, now the lump has got a lot bigger.

The lump feels like it is about 1cm in diameter and it can be felt under the skin whereas Spooky's lump you can just feel on the surface.

Health wise Jim is fine, no weight loss, he is active, good coat and doesn't appear ill at all, when you touch the lump it doesn't hurt him and he doesn't seem to mind it.

So does anyone have any suggestions as to what it could be?

I am thinking - large sebaceous cyst, abcess or tumour any way to tell them apart or something that would suggest one of these is more likely? I am going to take him to a vet but the good cavy one is away and I like to go forearmed or if it sounds like it can wait I can see the good vet.

Thanks for your help

M and the Piggypals

"A half read book is a half-finished love affair" David Mitchell Cloud Atlas