[Gpdd] [Peter Gurney] Light Your Candle on March 9th!

Audrey Binder agbmcmd at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 1 22:42:12 EST 2015

Tell everyone!  Let's get lots of participation for our 10th Memorial Candle Lighting!

March 9th is our annual Candlelight Memorial, to remember all of our friends (both 2 and 4-footed) who have made the trip to the Rainbow Bridge.  To be a part of this special tradition, all you need to do is light a candle on March 9th, at or around 8:00 pm, in your particular time zone.  As candles are lit, the light will go through each time zone, and the light will travel around the world for all at the Rainbow Bridge to see and know that we are remembering them in this special way. This is our 10th candle memorial, named for Peter Gurney, a British author, who wrote many of the books on guinea pigs that so many of us use.  He passed away in 2006, and we like to remember him and all of our friends and pets who are with him at the Rainbow Bridge. The Rainbow Bridge is named for a poem, and is a happy place where our pets and friends go when they leave us.  We like to believe that on March 9th (Peter Gurney's birthday), they see our candles as they are lit, and know that we are remembering them.  So please mark your calendars for March 9th, at 8:00 pm and light a candle.  Afterward, send a post to the GPDD or to me, with your location, and I'll let everyone know where your candles were lit. Audrey(Remembering Gordon, Reese, and Pepito at the Rainbow Bridge)