[Gpdd] (MISC) Health; for piggie parents

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Fri Mar 6 18:31:26 EST 2015

Dear Christine,   I just read on Penny's message that you are to have
cataract surgery. I had that myself a few years ago, both eyes, and I'm
guessing it was about 9 years ago. It was very straightforward and simple
and this type of thing doesn't make me nervous at all so I asked the Doc and
anesthesiologist to skip the premeds and any type of meds during the
procedure except I think a local shot, maybe not even that. They gave me
something so I wouldn't blink or maybe that was a mechanical device, I don't
remember. Anyway it was very simple, didn't hurt and I had no unwell
feelings after surgery. I required no assistance in walking or seeing, they
gave me sun glasses. I had one , and maybe  procedure shave changed since
then, but I will just mention it. I was told in advance that I would be able
to see equally well at distance and for close up work after surgery with no
glasses. I had no reason to question that so I didn't. The day of surgery
the doc asked me if I wanted to see better at distance or for close up, and
I chose close up as I wear a cpap mask and it would have been very
cumbersome to read in bed with a mask and glasses. He said I would need
glasses to see well at distance such as driving and that's how it turned
out.  I wish I had had known the truth from the beginning as I might have
looked into alternative surgical procedures and I would have liked more time
to make such an important decision. As it turns out, I did made the right
decision for my situation, so no worries there, and since the surgery was
completed I never checked into alternatives.  I have had absolutely no
problems from the surgery, it's very minor, no post-surgical pain, and there
is no way I am different now nor do I have any pain or changes to my vision,
it was a complete success, and I am sure it will be for you as well.
Good luck and enjoy your new eyes. BTW I am not a people medical
professional either and this story is just a first person narrative of my
personal experience.
Sandy