[Gpdd] Rainbow bridge Bubbles and Garnet and newly solitary piggies

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Mar 29 23:34:22 EDT 2015

Dear Penny and Jaime

I am sorry to hear of the loss of Miss Bubbles and Garnet.  I am always
sorry to hear about piggies journeying to the Bridge.   I had a Miss Piggy
also. My kids kept telling me about this older and pregnant red
Abby/Peruvian mix in a small cubicle at the pet store.  I resisted a couple
weeks and finally brought her home just as a rescue rather than because of
her pregnancy that I doubted. I was right, but she was an aged and large sow
with a sweet pigsonality who finished her last couple of years with us and
was a great favorite even though kind of homely she had dignity.  She got
along with everyone.  I have had elderly piggies made orphans by loss of
their partners and I agree with Penny that it's usually boars who miss their
partners more keenly whether the partner was a boar or a sow. Each piggie
has to make their way in their new world, but if they live close to friends
they may not find their new situation all that different as they have so
much that is familiar around them.  If possible I try to give them a choice
and then hope I have read their answer correctly. So we mourn the loss of
two more among our numbers and ask the venerable Garnet to stand in for
other Piggy Friends who preceded him to the bridge. No matter how many or
how few piggies we have each one is very special and is mourned by their
human and piggie friends.  So run free Miss Bubbles and Garnet and thanks
for all your love and company while you shared your lives with us.
Much Love,
Sandy