[Gpdd] Health - stone piggies chanca Piedra and cornsilk extract

Rachel Koo koo.rachel at gmail.com
Fri May 1 20:12:39 EDT 2015

Hello Ann

It's a bit worrying to read that two of your piggies developed stones even
though they were on low calcium water. I put all mine on distilled water as
you advised, after Little Panda had his second bout of stones. Do you have
any idea how the stones developed?

I was telling you a while back about the homeopathic medicines online store
I found. It's called Holistic Animal Medicines, or HAMPL in short. It's an
Australian company selling homeopathic and herbal medicines for animals and
I have been getting a whole host of stuff from them, for Merrie's
osteoarthritis, Merrie and Raphael ' s bad noses, Raphael and Rufus'
diabetes. They have formulas for all sorts of illnesses. The ones i have
tried seem fairly effective. They havent cured my piggies, but then i dont
think there is a cure for osteoarthritis, or for asthma which is what i
suspect Raphael has. But at least the remedies keep Merrie relatively
painfree.  And soothe Raphael ' s funny breathing. Raphael is also
depending on the diabetes formula to help with his diabetes.

I checked and they also have remedies for stones.
http://www.holisticanimalmedicines.com/store/stone_relief_bladder_or_kidney.html
They don't include chanca Piedra in their herbal formula but they do have
cornsilk. They also include a homeopathic formula in their remedy. They
also mention that a magnesium supplement may be important in helping the
animal absorb calcium.

Rachel