[Gpdd] MISC Re Dangerous Food List for Guinea Pigs

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sun May 3 08:26:24 EDT 2015

We are always pleased to see lists of safe foods for piggies plus the ones
to avoid as this is useful for new slaves, who might be unsure but if we
only got a cup of veggies each day, there would be a riot here at
Piggyfriends.

We agree with Auntie Judi that more is better. We don't know how big these
cups are but they don't sound like they are large enough to us. Slave
thinks that they are a way of measuring ingredients for cooking in the US.

We gets mounds of fresh veggies every day, the majority of which come from
Slave's garden in season plus bagfuls of grass and forage, all lovely and
fresh and organic. There are always lots of fresh veggies at the local Farm
Shop, where freshly picked veggies are on sale all year round. Slaves can
also go and pick their own. There is always something in season.

We also get lovely cauliflower leaves from Uncle Roly, who grows them on
his farm. These are our favourite greens.

We are disappointed that beans are on the prohibited list because we love
them and no pig here has ever been troubled with gas by having a bean.
Slave grows French and Runner Beans and always puts in a few extra plants
just for us.

Any other piggies enjpy a bean?

Regards from the Piggyfriends, stuffed full of veggies and about to have
naps.