[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Simone

Sandra Oliver-Poore warmbreath at comcast.net
Sat Oct 10 12:20:10 EDT 2015

Dear Joanie.
I am so sorry to hear you lost your kitty Simone, esp. as she was so young. She sounds like she was a beautiful and loving girl. I am mystified as to why you are feeling so guilty. Cats are so self-sufficient compared to out piggies and buns that require our careful daily attention to thrive. Kitties usually get along without issues for years so we tend not to scrutinize them so closely. Maybe she had an undiagnosed parasite problem harking back to her feral days or she could have eaten something poisonous, there are a hundred things. You took her to the vet and she seemed better but her disease was entrenched. Are you thinking there were signs you didn’t take seriously enough? Whatever got her could have been terminal way before she was symptomatic. The thing was you caught up to her level of love and you shared love freely during her illness and cared for her. I am sure that helped her withstand the discomfort of illness. Cats are such independent creatures we tend to give them their space.  I am sure she is up there at the bridge purring happy remembrances of you and dancing with Hershey and all our friends in the non-violent meadows of love up there. I am thankful you had the time to share love with her once it was clear how much she needed you and that now you remember and miss her love. Staying upright is no small problem and a great concern to me because of my knees, I couldn’t get up, but she still loved you enough to stay close so let that be enough and allow yourself to grieve without the guilt. There are so many mistakes I have made over the years and I tend to beat myself up over every one of them. Don’t do that too. You are wonderful and share with so many creatures and your heart is so tender, that’s what counts and that’s what kept Simone under your feet. She felt you were worthy so accept her love.
You have mine
Sandy, here having tea with AR.