[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Guinea pig has persistent snuffles

secret piggie kvs4evr at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 16:10:13 EDT 2015

Hi AllHaven’t posted here in a long time but am hoping the GPDDersmight be able to help.  Our piggie, Spikey, is just finishing a 4 weektreatment of antibiotics for an URI.  At the last vet visit, Saturday10/10, the vet said his lungs sound clear and any raspy noises were gone. He noted that Spikey still has a snuffle but attributed it to either an allergyor environmental condition.  He is very spunky and eating and drinkingalmost normal.  Still the snuffling is puzzling as we don’t know what tomake of it.  He had an x-ray two weeks ago, it didn’t show any type ofenlarge heart or fluid, just a little in the lungs which seems to have clearedwith the antibiotics, combo of Baytril and sulfa trim.  The snuffles comeand go, sometime bad sometimes we hardly can hear it.  We have a hepafilter in the room along with a humidifier, his bedding is carefresh on thebottom with newspaper and paper towels on top, the newspaper and paper towelsget changed daily.  We got rid of any old hay but we still cannot find aconnection to what make him real bad.  Sorry for the long post, lots ofhistory any suggestions or advise would be appreciated, we are taking him backfor a follow up with the vet Saturday to see how he does after we stop the medsso we hope for suggestion to bring to him.  ThanksMichael Tanaka and CorrineAndSpikey