[Gpdd] MISC: Halloween story, part 2

Carol Riley bearkat1 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 21:13:28 EDT 2015

 NOTE: There is one more part I will send out after Halloween festivities. Any last minute pigs?
"Wheeeeek! Who is knocking on the door so early in the morning?" Maggie yawned a very big yawn. She went over to the door and opened it. Four guinea pigs stood there. "Who are you?" Ronan asked. He had come up behind Maggie. "Whee are Roos, Peaches, Tijger and Bérke. Slave got us on a later plane..." The four came in the house. "We're starved!" They all dove head first into the closest pile of hay and started eating.Faith and Hope poked their heads out of a hay pile. "Is it breakfast yet?" They could smell carrots, parsley, celery, cucumbers, and peppers coming from the kitchen. "Breakfast is served!" Addison and Alberta called. They woke up early and decided to start chopping vegetables for everyone. All of the pigs ran into the kitchen and started eating.After breakfast, all pigs loaded into the mini-bus. "Where are whee going?" Rusty asked. He was looking out the window watching all the cars going by. "It's a surprise" Avalanche answered. It was a pleasant ride, lasting only about an hour. "Oh, oh, look, look!" Powder Puff yelled, pointing to a sign. The sign had "Uncle Shucks Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze". "A corn maze? What's a corn maze?" Powder Puff asked. "A corn maze....can we eat it?" Susie asked. "I'm hungry from such a loooong ride." All of the pigs got off the bus and got in line to go to the corn maze. Sweetsassy, Ellie, and Figgy led the way slowly, so pigs could steal a piece of corn leaf or corn silk as the group walked through the maze. Ellie turned to Figgy and whispered "Do whee know which way to go?" "No we are just going" Sweetsassy answered. After wandering through the maze for quite some time, Ben asked "OK so just where are whee going? I think whee past that corn with the broken stalk just a short time ago, didn't whee?" "Uh, whee just wanted to make sure every pig got their fill of corn yummies" Figgy replied. "As a matter of fact, why don't whee just EAT our way to the exit?" Sweetsassy suggested. The group tunneled through the corn, making their own path toward the exit. Avalanche's slave looked dumbfounded when she saw the large herd coming out of their home-made tunnel, but for some reason, the manager of the corn maze looked very unhappy. "Aren't whee going to see the pumpkin patch?" asked Kiwi and Raspberry. Avlanche's slave just quickly ushered every pig  onto the mini-bus. "We'll see a pumpkin patch a bit later, sweeties."Lunch was simple - the pigs were brought to a park and got off the bus. They started running all over, deciding which patch of grass looked the best. The pigs got back on the mini-van. "Is it nap time now?" Willie asked. Tate was already sleeping in his seat, while Pumpkin and Nutmeg were snuggled next to each other snoozing in the seat across the aisle. "Well, it's about an hour ride to the next place, so I guess it is nap time," Avalanche said. Several pigs cozied in their seats or with their neighbor and started napping. Soon after nap time, the mini-bus arrived at a very large farm. The bus pulled up to a very large barn and stopped. The pigs got off the bus and stood in a large group. A man came out of the barn and smiled. "Well, it looks like we have quite a big group here. Are you ready to go to the pumpkin patch and pick out some pumpkins? We can decorate them before you leave. Follow me." The group ran behind the tall human, trying to keep up, even though he walked very slowly. He went around the barn and behind it was a huge pumpkin patch. The pigs went into the patch, running here and there, looking for their own special pumpkin. Alley and Aillee were squabbling over a small pumpkin, each one with paws on it and tugging. Theodore went over, handing Alley a small pumpkin he found. "Here, take this one. You two are noisy!" "Hmph." was the reply, but Alley took the pumpkin and turned to stick her nose in the air to Aillee. Godiva was talking with Oliver, trying to decide which pumpkin she wanted. "On the one paw, I like this one, but I like this one too," she said pointing to two pumpkins. Oliver studied both pumpkins. "This one looks rounder. I think you can put a nice spooky face on it." Godiva agreed and put the pumpkin on the wagon that was being brought around by the tall human.Once every pig picked a pumpkin, they were all led to a very large area with every color magic marker imaginable. "OOOOHHH! A lime green marker! I want to use that one!" Pepper squeeked as she grabbed the marker. Ralphy Loren ran back and forth between Dora and Chinny to see what face he liked best so he could copy it. Agatha smiled as she watched Anita, RB and Ernest draw faces on their pumpkins. Sudoku brought over a pumpkin and a blue market and gave it to Agatha. "Go ahead and draw on your pumpkin. Just because we're older doesn't mean we can't have fun too!"It took a very long time for all of the pigs to draw on their pumpkins and then load them on the wagon so the tall human could put them on the mini-bus. The tall human gave each pig a treat for their ride home - a bag of oat grass he had grown on his farm. "Thank you. Thank you." they all said as they got on the mini-bus. Pigs waved paws at the tall human as they left the farm. "Tomorrow is a very big day" Avalanche's slave said as they rode. "We have costumes to dress in and we also have a very special evening planned. When we get home, find your cozy spot in the hay and get a lot of sleep - you're going to need it!"