[Gpdd] MISC: Halloween story, part 3

Carol Riley bearkat1 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 31 22:11:38 EDT 2015

  When the pigs woke up Saturday morning, they saw several costumes laid out on the kitchen table. "Ooooh are these for us?" Cocoa Puff asked. "Can I be the strawberry? I just love strawberries." Cosmo and Casper grabbed the woodpecker costumes. "Hey look at this beak! I betcha I could pick up a lot of food with this," Cosmo said. "Do you really think so? How does it work?" Casper asked. All of the pigs picked out the costume they wanted to wear for the Halloween party tonight at the lake. Avalanche told them all last night there was something very special planned that he thought they would really, really like.
Otto dressed as a sultan, while Angelina, Lola and Lotte were dressed as belly dancers. "I don't have to shave my tummy to wear this costume, do I?" Lola ask. "Silly pig, of course not," Otto replied. "You all look beautiful!" Ronan and Pepe were dressed as rabbits. Pepe decided to be one after Ronan told him the rabbits bowls were a million times bigger than his bowl. Alfred dressed as Harry Potter, Wasabi was dressed as Ron, Scotchy dressed as Ginny, and Pakora was dressed up as Hermoine. Roisin and Namh decided they wanted to be Super Girl and Super Woman, each sporting a cape and running around telling the other pigs they were going to save the world today.
Salsa was dressed as the speedy Sonic the Hedgehog. Eddie dressed up as a newspaper boy and Ethan was a farmer, while Godiva dressed up as a box of chocolates. Nacho and Waikiki dressed up as surfer dudes, complete with little surf boards and Hawaiian shirts.
There was much commotion as they all got on the mini-bus. "Don't mess up my hair!" "Don't touch my costume!" was heard from several of the sows. Bosworth and Rafferty laughed and went running up and down the bus aisle touching all the sows costumes.
When they arrived at Lake Lanier, it was dusk. There was a large houseboat at the dock waiting for them. On board were several humans, chopping and dicing fruits and vegetables for their guests. The pigs ran on the ramp to get on the houseboat. "Ummm, I can't swim," Theodore said, looking out at the lake. "Don't worry young master, you will be very safe," one of the humans told him, scratching him on the head. Kevin Bacon got in line for a head scratch next, then purred a thank you to the human.
The boat left the dock and soon the pigs forgot they were on the water. There was food, food, and more food! There was dancing and even karaoke for those brave enough to try. After a few hours of having fun, Avalanche's slave got every pig's attention.
"We have something very special to do tonight. We are going to remember our very special friends at the rainbow bridge." She gave each pig a small pumpkin candle. "Go to the side of the boat, light the candle, and then place it on top of the water. As you do, remember someone very very special."
Emilie and Barock went first, each one placing a candle in the water for Jonas. Sweetie, Sweetsassy, Ellie and Figgy all laid their candles on the water to remember Sully, Duke, Velvet and Onyx. Ralphy Lauren, Chinny and Dora placed three candles in honor of Scooter. Willie and Tate put candles for Spooky in the lake.
The New Smyrna Beach herd needed some help in placing candles for their special friends. Cocoa Puff, being the senior boar, placed the first in honor of Chakalaka Cavy, as was fitting. Next, Godiva put her candle in the water, remembering Ghirardelli. Powder Puff followed by putting his candle afloat for Dilly Jr. Twix helped by placing a candle for Donovan. Oliver wanted to help and put a candle in the water for Reese. RB and Ernest honored Puffy and Twinkie, while Amiris put a candle in for Dillon.
>From a room on the boat, a package was brought out to the group. "What is it?" Tyrion asked. "Can we open it?" The humans smiled. "This is something very special for two very special friends to all of us and to all of you." The package was opened and inside were two rainbow candles, one larger than the other. "These are for Joan and Lady Bug." "Oooh I heard of them" was heard from several of the costumed pigs. Maggie and Agatha were chosen by the pigs to put the special candles in the water. Pigs and humans looked at the lake. Tiny lights floated all around, with the two rainbow candles giving off more light. There were little sobs heard here and there, and several paws went to wet eyes.
"There's one more thing" Avalanche said. "Look over there" he pointed. All the pigs looks and fireworks were shooting in the distance.
"It's a big rainbow!" Faith and Hope said together. Ooohs and aaahs and squeaks came from every where on the boat. The fireworks went on for several minutes, the rainbow getting brighter and brighter. When the fireworks ended and the boat got back to the dock, several of the pigs went into the large room to get some snacks for the bus ride to Avalanche's house. Many of them were tired and slept on the ride back. Once they arrived home, all just tucked into the hay, costumes and all, and slept.
NOTE: I hope I didn't forget any pig, past or present. If so, please forgive me - Carol