[Gpdd] HEALTH - Lump on Gus

julie johnson juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com
Wed Sep 2 19:22:53 EDT 2015

Hi Stephanie,

It could be a lipoma?   After bathing my Treacle once, when I was drying him
I noticed a lot of pus and found a small opening it was coming from.   Then
that small opening grew & grew to an enormous size, with a 2nd lump growing.
The vet said it was lipoma, and not to worry about it.   I used to every so
often give it a little squeeze to remove some pus because I figured that the
pus would be painful for him (not that the squeezing was any less painful I
guess).  I just know how pus is painful on us and when it dries up it feels
better.    The exotics  vet tried him on Flagyl, but all it did was take
away Treacle's desire to eat so I immediately stopped the medication.
I'd tried to draw it out using drawing ointment, Epsom salts, betadine,
etc, but nothing worked.    It just kept growing, but it was painful if I
cuddled him the wrong way, but it didn't seem to be the cause of his death -
it was gut torsion & age that took him, not the lump.

I do hope you are able to find an answer for the lump.   If you would like
to see Treacle's lump I can email you a photo if you let me know.

Good luck with little Gus,

Julie

{Forever in my heart & soul:  Muppet, Teddy, Dougall, Archie, Brandy,
Donald, Hamish, Honey, Hugo, Joey, Kimba, Snowdrop, Sooty, Treacle}