[Gpdd] [Health]  Cocoa Puff Update

scalabro3 scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com
Sun Sep 27 18:25:36 EDT 2015

Greetings, friends!  It has been a rough week, but a good week. Cocoa Puff is recovering very well from his surgery. He had an appointment yesterday, and the vet was very pleased. Everyone who was there last week was amazed at how well he was doing.

The vet said that the tumor ran along the entire pancreas. It was attached by two blood vessils. Once she tied them off, the whole thing came out pretty easily. The pancreas was covered with many other small tumors, but they weren't on any other organs, and his bloodwork didn't indicate that they were causing him any problems. We hope that the tumors stay small and don't give him any more problems.  She'll be doing more tests in two weeks. We hope we'll get more good news then.

Thanks to everyone who went to the Ravenwood Veterinary Clinic facebook and "liked" Cocoa Puff’s 9/19 Pet of the Day picture. We were overwhelmed by all of your support.  If you haven't gone to the page yet, there's still time. If enough people like him by the end of the month, he might be Pet of the Month.

Thanks again to everyone who posted, emailed, or sent positive energy our way. We are so fortunate to be part of this group.  Best wishes to you and your furry friends!

ME in New Smyrna Beach

Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport