[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE - TWO NEW PIGGYFRIENDS

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 09:43:00 EDT 2016

I had promised myself a couple of baby piggies when I had recovered enough
from my op to get on the floor to clean pens properly. The time has come
and Palace Piggies have several rescue ladies on pregnancy watch so I was
waiting to see if any babes arrived that I could have with their mum.

Last week, however, two young girlies were handed in to the rescue by the
mother of a girl who has moved to a new place where pets are not allowed.
She left her piggies with her mother, who did not want them.

You can see them here - the last two on the page as I type although they
might have been moved to the rehomed section by the time you read this.
They are called Lulu and Mimi ( sorry Jaime - I hope you don't mind ).

http://www.palacepiggierescue.org/piggies-for-re-homing.html

I look at the Palace Piggies page each morning and as soon as I saw these
two, I called to reserve them if they had not already been taken.

I went to collect them on Sunday and they are happily living in my
quarantine pen. They might move in with Otto and his girls or maybe another
pair of girls when the time comes.

They are six months old rather than eight and are very tame. They are sweet
and fluffy and I can pet them without them running away and they oink
loudly for food. I am trying them with a new veggie each meal and nothing
has been left so far. They didn't even flinch when the vacuum cleaner went
by.

I shall keep their names as I have never had a Piggyfriend with those names
before.

The girls at Palace Piggies were pleased to have a cage freed up as they
are masterminding a rescue of around 100 piggies this week. The story goes
that a piggy loving lady had died and had mixed up her boars and sows so
there may well be in excess of 100 by the time they are sorted out. If
anyone in SE England could give a piggy a loving home, please give them a
call.

I took some more photos of them but they are not as good as the ones you
can see so I'll take some more to share with you later. I need more
batteries for my camera.

So, please welcome Lulu and Mimi.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.