[Gpdd] MISC: last guinea pig standing

Ka S KSkosich at msn.com
Wed Apr 27 22:01:09 EDT 2016

Our family has had guinea pigs since 1993 when our children were in grade school. There have been seventeen guinea pigs and nearly two-dozen other pets (if you count such things as a baby wild mouse we raised).  I began reading the GPDD in 1998. I have not posted in a long time but I must note that we are down to one pet, a guinea pig named Candy who was part of a little family group of guinea pigs we took in.

Candy is about five years old, an Abyssinian with black, gold and white fur, a cutie. The colors overlap in strange jagged patterns which makes her look like someone tried to gift-wrap her but  kept running out of paper. Candy is extremely vocal, purrs for favorite foods, but does not like to be picked up. She enjoys her spacious hutch which has both a pigloo and a wooden house with a window. She loves to gaze into the back yard.

Although my children are grown up and long since out of the house, they cannot imagine me and my husband without pets. "Time to re-stock," says son. "Get a dog," says daughter. In the meanwhile, Candy is enjoying her role. - Kathy S, CO