[Gpdd] Misc: nicknames

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 14:29:53 EDT 2016

Interesting to hear about nicknames!

We call all our piggies 'mice', just some name we kept after our guinea
pigs were still little and not much bigger than mice.

Our Bérke will make meeping noises, so he's our 'Meep'.
Since last Tuesday, when we went to the cinema to see Kung Fu Panda 3, our
Tijger  (Dutch for Tiger for those who don't know) is 'stripy baby'! I
guess you should go see the movie to understand that, though the only link
really is tigress (from the movie) and our Tijger are both (named after)
tigers..

I think that's it for nick names I can think of right now. Of course our
piggies also have agent names for the undercover guinea pig blog. Tijger is
agent bouncy ball as she can't sit still. Bérke is agent Brave sir Robin,
from a monty python movie or sketch where brave sir robin is kind of a
scaredy pants '...brave sir robin, he bravely ran away away...' is part of
his theme song. Peaches is agent Boo, from some kind of video game, 'Boo,
the most ferocious miniature space hamster' is hinting at how feisty she
was when we just got her. Raani has no nickname yet, and is not old/heavy
enough to be an agent. But when she gets one it will be one with speed in
it, she can run so fast! Or maybe it will be Queenie, I liked that
character in Black adder and Raani is the Hindi word for queen...

Love to hear about your piggy's nick names!

Grtz,
Mieke