[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE Charlie

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 18:00:24 EDT 2016

Dear Christine,

I am so sorry that you have lost Charlie.

It makes me seethe that some vets don't know a thing about piggies'
dentition. Looking in a piggy's mouth and clipping teeth takes a matter of
moments. No anaesthetic, no pain and a treat afterwards. My Louis is
testament to that and Garnet before him and Gulliver.........

I sincerely hope that Archie does not have any dental problems but he
probably needs a friend. Boars seem to feel the loss of their companion
much more than sows.

I would never have any of my boars neutered. The anaesthetic poses too big
a risk and why put them through that pain when it is not necessary. I have
paired up more boars than I can count and if one of mine loses a friend, I
look around for a new one asap. A baby boar could be Archie's new soulmate
or you could try an older boy.

Our new Rodentologist does " boar bonding " at her rescue, whereby people
can bring along their boar and see which of her residents would like to go
home with him. She uses a child's playpen, which can be wiped clean of any
previous scent. I use a cut down cardboard box - same principle.

At Archie's age, in my opinion, he is too old to put through an operation
unless you want him to have a sow as his new friend. I would not go down
that route. I'd look for a little boar in need. Just my opinion. Others may
differ in their advice.

My sincerest condolences on your and Archie's loss.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.