[Gpdd] Health: Barok is in a bad way

Luita Dean Spangler luitad at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Dec 2 17:37:18 EST 2016

Hello all,

Right now we're facing a hard time pigwise in Berlin. Barok has bone spurs
on his jaw, which have seriously affected his teeth alignment and his
ability to eat. Apparently this is something elderly guinea pigs and
rabbits are prone to (He's six years old). I have been syringing him pain
meds and HerbiCare Plus, but he resists the feeding, and it's obvious that
chewing is hurting him. He's had two teeth treatments from our wonderful
vet (who is also a friend) - one, back in October, was pretty successful,
but the latest, just last week, resulted in no improvement, and he has
another appointment tomorrow. It may be time to help him over the Rainbow
Bridge - something I just hate to face, especially since, other than being
unable to eat on his own and losing weight, he's fine. Please keep us in
your thoughts.

Luita
Marinella and Barok