[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: new friend for Eddie

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 4 15:51:35 EST 2016

I am most pleased to announce that we found a friend for Eddie this
week. I had checked at one rescue that had no single male piggies for
adoption, then I tried my vet's, where I had heard there might be a
piggie available. The piggie I called about had found a home with the
vet who rescued him, but another person at the vet's office had a piggie
of her own, who she felt she couldn't give enough time to due to her
work schedule and such.

I called at 4 p.m. and had a new friend for Eddie at 6!  We introduced
them on neutral ground, and they ignored each other at first.  The new
little one, who we are calling Nugget at the moment, based on his
original name(he was fondly called Chicken Nugget), then discovered that
he could mount Eddie, so he was a pesky little brother for a while.
Finally he calmed down and they both went to sleep.

"Nugget" is becoming less skittish each day and is learning that hearing
the refrigerator door open might relateto receiving food.  He loves the
PVC tube and also what used to be Friday's "think tank," a cozy that
looks like a Pigloo. He is nine months old and an American shorthair.

Eddie is so pleased to have a new buddy.  I can see it in his facial
expressions and in his body language.  The two have even had laptime
together, and both seem to be enjoying.

Will write more as "Nugget" settles in, and when he tells us his name.

A big thanks to Pat, Penny, and Julie for their help, advice, and
encouragement on bonding!

Cindy, Eddie, and "Nugget"