[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Nugget

ME me at buddies.org
Sat Feb 6 00:58:58 EST 2016

Welcome, Nugget!  So glad that Eddie has a new friend.  I think they're usually happier with a piggie friend, even though they love their humans as well.  I kind of envy you having a new little one to get to know as I'm busy tending to my sick and recovering little ones and have to postpone getting any new little ones.

I was planning on getting a couple new ones last summer, but a leak in the bathroom pipes derailed that for months as restoration monopolized the rest of summer and fall.  Then Ebony got sick and ended up so weak she couldn't walk for four weeks.  She started walking in mid January and started drinking from the water bottle last week.  Now her walking is almost normal, though she can't go that fast and still hasn't stood up on her hind legs ... but she's improving.  She's gained a solid 260 grams and is 860-900 grams ... not quite the 1050-1100 grams she was before getting sick, but at least I'm not struggling to keep her above 600 grams anymore.

Sequoia also has another UTI ... she just can't seem to get rid of it.  I think she's just going to have to be on meds longer, even if the urinalysis indicates no blood or infection as the previous two followup tests have shown.  At least she's not acting painful ... no crying and no wet bottom ... just the blood.  Her attitude has also been great ... rumbling at everyone and keeping her weight up.

So, I'm just too busy taking care of the ones I have ... and kind of ignoring Minnie and Daisy since they're not sick ... though I pet them and have conversations with them ... still not all the attention they should get.