[Gpdd] HEALTH E.cuniculi...Don't read this Joanie.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 14:52:02 EST 2016

Dear Chris,

I am sorry that you have lost your rabbit to the dreadful e.cuniculi. I
think that is what you meant to type.

It is rare in piggies but more likely to occur when they are kept with or
near rabbits, who are the main victims.

Start your piggies on the worming procedure immediately. It is vital that
every piggy should be wormed regularly. I keep a chart so that no
Piggyfriend is ever missed and I can keep parasites at bay. They get
Ivermectin and Panacur every three months as well anti parasite shampoos.
VetSect Repel is available online in England.

I have never kept a rabbit so the likelihood of one of mine contracting
e.cuniculi is rare.

One of our GPDDers lost a precious piggy to this insidious illness some
years ago and her story was published in our Undercover Piggies blog. I
sincerely hope that Joanie will not mind us opening old wounds here by
writing about Hershey as it may save another piggy.

I am just going to search the archive to give you a link.

OK. Go to our blog...

http://undercoverguineapigs.blogspot.co.uk/

On the right you will see the years that have been archived. Click on 2009
and scroll down until you reach October. At the bottom of the first page is
an article about Hershey and this continues on the next page.

I remember a lot of posts about this on the GPDD at the time and Sandy
contributed a lot to this discussion. I'll see if I can find it in the GPDD
archive. Yes. Use this link.

http://gpdd.org/pipermail/gpdd_gpdd.org/2009-September/thread.html

>From here you can also move on and read through the October posts.

You might try the Guinea Lynx forum. Type e.cuniculi into the search.

http://www.guinealynx.info/forums/search.php  This forum is vast and it
takes a while to find what you want.

In ther meantime start worming straight away.

Good luck.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.