[Gpdd] MISC Adding a baby boar

Piggyfriends48 piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 05:35:53 EST 2016

 Joanne,

I am so pleased that you are thinking of giving dear Figgy a little friend.

You asked for opinions and this is what I would do. I would pick the least dominant baby and bond him with Figgy. As the babes will be with you for a while, this gives you the chance to change your mind about which one would make the best companion for him.

Then I would pair up the other four so that they are ready to be rehomed as bonded pairs when the time came. Of course, I would be keeping them all as I could never give up a piggy for adoption but that is beside the point!

Trios CAN work occasionally but I have never tried it so, personally, I cannot recommend it. I always have my boars in pairs and, if I should sadly lose one, there is always a new friend waiting around the corner.

Yes, the dynamic can change when you make intros and also when the babe grows but I have paired up more boars than I care to count and I have never had to separate a pair.

All the best,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.