[Gpdd] MISC. Problems with baby piggies

Piggyfriends48 piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 14:47:24 EST 2016

Such a shame those little boars are acting up!

Here is what I would try. Assuming that Figgy is happy with his new friend, l would take all the others to the bathroom ( take gloves if necessary to avoid those sharp teeth ) and put them all in the bath. Give them all a shampoo to remove any previous scent. Have two boxes of towels and put a pair in each to dry.

Prepare two cages, which have been thoroughly cleaned to remove any scent and, when they are dry, put a pair in each cage keeping the cages well apart - in separate rooms if necessary.

Give them loads of food to keep them occupied and two pigloos or whatever you have.

I would hope that they might settle down to eat and then nap together.

You might need to repeat the process with different pairings. My rodentologists used to suggest putting Vick on their noses to confuse their sense of smell or a drop of aromatherapy oil mixed with a carrier oil on their rear end. I have never had a problem pairing boars so cannot vouch for these two remedies.

If all else fails they might have to be rehomed as singles but I do hope not. I hate to see a lonely boar when pairs can be such good companions.

They look such sweeties in your photos. Tell them from me that this is unacceptable behaviour!

Penny and the Piggyfriends.

Sent from my iPad