[Gpdd] MISC Re: Cruelty Free Products

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 29 07:03:58 EST 2016

Jaime,

I would never use anything that had been tested on animals and I applaud
your decision to do this too.

For cosmetics we have the Body Shop in England. A chain of stores that has
been going for many years and have lovely items to buy. I don't know if
they have made it to the US but do check this out.

We have a company called Ecover, who make all kinds of excellent household
cleaners and detergents and they do not test on animals either. Again, I
don't know if they sell things in the US.

But I have found this website, which may be the answer for you.

https://www.crueltyfreeinternational.org/

It tells you to look out for the leaping bunny symbol, which shows if a
product is cruelty free and has lots of other info.

PETA have a page whereby you can type in a company and find out if their
products are safe for you.

http://features.peta.org/cruelty-free-company-search/index.aspx

If you Google cruelty free products, you will find out more.

Good luck with this. No-one should use products tested on animals when
there is such a vast choice of better options.

Penny and the Piggyfriends, who say that guinea pigs should not be guinea
pigs.