[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: thank you for your kind messages about Ethan

scalabro3 scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jan 15 22:29:01 EST 2016

Cindy and Eddie, we were so sorry to hear about your sudden loss of Ethan. Something very similar happened to us a year ago. Dilly Jr. died suddenly after New Years. I got him to the vet the next day, but they didn't  find out what was wrong with him until we did a necropsy the next day. He had a gastric torsion. Even if they had found it, it wouldn't have been fixable. The vet said that he was most likely startled while he was eating, and when he ran from his bowl, a loop of intestine flipped over another and caused a blockage. The folks down here like to shoot off a lot of fireworks, so we're pretty sure that was what startled him.
At least he made it back home before he left for the Bridge. If something similar happened to your dear Ethan, at least you spared him the stress of a vet visit, and he was able to spend time with you and his brother before leaving for the Rainbow Bridge.
We know how painful losing a dear little piggie can be, especially when it is so sudden. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. With sympathy,
ME in New Smyrna Beach

Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport