[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Maggie is gone

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 23 15:01:06 EST 2016

When I approached her cage this morning I knew something was up. Sure enough, there she was all cozied up in her hut, looking like she'd slipped away in her dreams. I am so grateful she went that way. After the trauma of euthanizing Simone the cat, I don't know if I'd have had the strength to take her to the vet. As it was, she was eating and begging for more right up to her last night.
What's really weird about this thing was that just a couple weeks ago, she started growing hair on her sides again. I was hoping the deadly process had somehow reversed itself. She lived so much longer than her two daughters who both died of uterine cancer, and I enjoyed every day with her. She even let me pet her pointy little abby head on occasion. She will be missed, but I can't think of any better ending that the one she experienced.
I think I'll remain having a one-piggie household. Of all my girls, I never once saw the loss of a companion have even the slightest change in behavior or demeanor. I hear it's different with the boys. Okay, Puff, it's all up to you to run things around here now.
Joanie and The One Remaining Beautiful