[Gpdd] [Announcement] Welcome Cotton!

scalabro3 scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jan 25 21:13:45 EST 2016

Greetings, friends! This post is long overdue. Cotton joined our family in December. I had removed the petfinder ap from my phone so I wouldn't be tempted to add to our family while Cocoa Puff was so ill. Late one night, my phone died, and I picked up my tablet, which still had the petfinder ap. The rest is history.

I took a peek on petfinder.com, and I found our little Cotton. He was a sweet little teddy with a little tiger face and white cotton pants. He was abandoned outside of a pet store with eight other pigs. Before he made it to the rescue where we found him, he had fathered four babies and been seriously hurt by another male. Due to his injuries, he was the last to find a new home.

After we got him home, he didn't do much other than sleep and eat a bit. We brought him to the vet and found that he had a respiratory infection. Once he was on antibiotics, he was a brand new pig.

We had hoped that he and Powder would become good friends. So far, this has not worked out yet. They are in the same room together now, and they do communicate quite a bit. Powder has taught him how to climb on top of houses, but he's still not as athletic as Pretty Little Powder.

They've had supervised visitation, but as soon as I leave the room, someone will do something to upset the other, and the fur will start flying.

I haven't completely given up. Maybe when they get a little older, they might settle down. Powder is almost a year old and Cotton is probably not much more than six months old. They might still grow up a bit.

Meanwhile, I'm back to four pigs in four pens! Best wishes to all!

ME in New Smyrna Beach  with Cocoa Puff, Godiva, Powder Puff, and Cotton Puff
Happy Connecting. Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® 5 Sport