[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Apollo has an inner ear infection

Jocelyn Anderson jocelynm at umich.edu
Thu Jun 30 15:32:48 EDT 2016

Hello All,

Last Saturday, I noticed my big pig Apollo not moving after breakfast
veggies were served. I gave him a little pat on the bottom and he fell
over! He was struggling and dragging his hind legs around (he later started
using his hind legs.) Luckily I was able to get into the vet later that
day, and it was determined that he had an inner ear infection.

He's on three medicines: one is metacam, one is for nausea, and the last
one is the antibiotic. He's still slowly shaking head quite a bit, and he
tilts his head to the left, all due to the inner ear infection.  He is
being very good with eating Critical Care and of course he's getting lots
of extra veggies (his cage mate Dante Wigglebottom likes this bit too.) I'm
hoping the ear infection clears up soon!

Dante Wigglebottom is in the same piggy arena as Apollo, and he has been a
good piggy friend. He's been sitting next to Apollo, offering moral
support. He's only three months old but is best friends with Apollo.

Jocelyn, Apollo, Dmitri, and Dante Wigglebottom