[Gpdd] PETER GURNEY: candlelighting on March 9th

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 7 21:38:54 EST 2016

Once again, our annual Peter Gurney Candlelighting ceremony is almost
here.  To participate, all you have to do is light a candle or candles
at 8 p.m., your time, on Wednesday, March 9th.

We celebrate Peter Gurney, who loved and helped guinea pigs, each year
on his birthday.  He passed away in 2006, but his memory lives on.  he
was the author of several books on guinea pigs and contributed mightily
to our knowledge of them.  Our candles are also meant to remember the
people we've known on the Digest who have gone on to the Bridge, as well
as furred, finned, and feathered friends who have joined them there.

Last year, candles were lit from Tasmania to Hawaii.  Europe, North and
South America, Australia, and the Middle East were all represented.

You don't have to have piggies to join us!  Anyone is invited to
participate.  Afterwards, please post to the Digest where you lit your
candle (city and state, or city and country).  Audrey will compile the
list of places and send it to the GPDD.

It would be great if you'd also like to contribute a photo of your
personal remembrance.  Perhaps you can be holding one of your piggies as
you sit with your candle nearby, etc.  We hope to include at least some
of the photos when the list is posted.  You don't have to be in the
photo -- see photos from last year here:

http://www.gpdd.org

As each new time zone takes up lighting candles, lights literally move
around the world.  We like to think of Peter and our other friends at
the Bridge looking down and seeing our tribute to them.

Thanks!

Cindy, Eddie, and Nugget