[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT Re: Ebony lost a long battle.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 13:49:26 EDT 2016

Dear ME,

How sad it was to read your post about Ebony. You did so well to keep her
going for so long with your hand feeding. I know only too well how draining
that can be as I have done it many times.

I was pleased to see that Sequoia's operation was successful but it can
take so very long for a piggy to put on the lost weight however many treats
you give them.

I wonder if Daisy passed a stone as that would explain the sharp cry and
the blood. Paws crossed that there is nothing more serious.

I have had bad times just like you when I have lost several in a short
space of time and I always say that I am not going to put myself through
this again but then I get a call from someone who needs to give up their
piggy and am I going to say no? Of course not. My son used to work at the
local animal shelter and, if a piggy was brought in, he or she would come
home with him that night without ever going through the system.

He now lives in the US and I miss all those piggies coming home
unexpectedly. Although my grief over the lost ones never goes away, a new
arrival gives me a little someone to care for and worry about instead. Only
today, I was weeding the garden, tidying up the many little graves and
remembering all those who have passed on to the Rainbow Bridge. I hope that
they know how much I loved them.

I hope that you reconsider having more piggies. There are so many out there
in need of a loving home such as you could give them. A good Slave is hard
to find.

Best wishes from Penny and the Piggyfriends.