[Gpdd] MISCELLANEOUS: I DID IT - I HAVE 2 NEW PIGGIES AGAIN IN MY LIFE!!

Julie Johnson juliejohnson12 at bigpond.com
Mon Oct 3 15:28:55 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Well, I succumbed.    My heart was lonely.    So I drove some 320+
kilometres in order to adopt Honey Bunch II, a ginger crested female (my
first female every) from an RSPCA up north.

Then, I went down to another RSPCA which was a little closer than 320
kilometres, and adopted Teddy Bear II, who is a mixture of breeds, but with
the exceptionally curly beautiful hair I believe he is more Texel than
anything.    As he was male, the RSPCA neutered him before I was able to
collect him one week later.    Just as an interesting fact, did you know
that if a male is neutered, he should be kept separately from the female for
at least 4 weeks after surgery because the male could still impregnate the
female even after neutering.   They are the most loving pair - both with me,
and they love & adore each other.   I love snuggle time, two piggies
snuggling into each other like they were joined at the hip, and then them
snuggling into my neck like we were all joined!

I had very scarey time 2 weeks after getting Teddy home.   One afternoon,
after bringing him in from the outside hutch to his bed time home, I
discovered him with paralysis In the back legs, but also he could not lift
his head.   I rushed him to vet and asked for calcium, because that helped
my Dougall when he got paralysed, and Peter Gurney's website mentions
calcium can help.     I know for a fact he was dying, and I gave him the
calcium, some painkiller drops, and fed critical care.    I prayed.   Ten
minutes later my prayers were answered.   Teddy picked his head up and
started to eat grass, and I just knew that he was saved.   Next morning it
was like nothing had ever happened.    I believe the calcium, critical care
& my prayers brought him through.

I would like to let everyone see pictures, but don't know where to put those
pigtures so I can give you link.    Can anyone help with this?

Needless to say I am besotted with my babies, but I'm trying to get more
careful with giving too much love so when they leave I perhaps won't be as
devastated.    I am holding nothing back with my love for them & my duties
to keep them happy & feeling loved.    Just in the back of my mind I am
trying to make myself realise that I am giving them the happiest & bestest
time for the rest of their lives as I can; but knowing & accepting that they
will pass on one day, and trying to be strong with that thought and just
holding a little love back so that parting for the Bridge is a more
realistic & accepted event, and knowing they have had a happy life might
help me.   So, I love them, but not as insanely as I did all my other
piggies already at the Bridge.   Trying to keep a little distance in my
love.

Sorry for rambling, but I find when I'm happy I ramble, and when I sad with
loss of piggies I ramble twice as much!     That's just me and I can't seem
to change into what I'm not - sorry everyone!!

Best wishes to all piggies & their masters, and may you all have happy &
long lives,

Julie & Honey II & Teddy IIl