[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge (Killian)

Shekell Animals shekellanimals at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 07:48:08 EDT 2016

Rainbow Bridge

Killian passed over the Rainbow Bridge on Sunday, Sept 4 some time between 6 - 8:30PM. He had been getting better, gaining weight, his coat was improving, and he seemed to be returning to the pig he used to be before Princess Buttercup passed away in February. He just went over to his favorite place in the cage to take a nap and never woke up. His sanctuary friend, CoraLee, is doing ok but she is quite sad.
Killian was born in rescue in June 2010 as part of a litter of three from a mother who was picked up from a shelter a few days before she delivered. I adopted him when he was 4 months old as a partner to Snowball who had just lost her partner of 2 years, Charlie Chaplin. Killian was always a sweet squooshy boy and my youngest daughter's boyfriend, Collin, favorite pig. Collin is allergic to guinea pigs, however, that never stopped him from reaching into the cage and giving Killian his favorite behind the ear rubs. Killian would reach his nose up into the air and close his eyes while he had a great behind the ear rub.
I started January 2014 with 8 pets - 2 dogs and 6 guinea pigs. I have lost 6 pets since then. It's just been so hard losing them what seems like all at once.
Sadly,
GingerPiggy mom to Oliver and Fae, foster mom to CoraLee