[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Bladder Issue Medication

Evelyn Baker ebak at ca.inter.net
Thu Apr 13 08:06:17 EDT 2017

I saw this on one of the guinea pig communities on Facebook. I thought I
should repost here.

From: https://www.facebook.com/cavysavyguineapigcommunity/

Cartrophen...........remember that name! Save this post! Write it in
your diary!

Cartrophen is a revolutionary advance in the treatment for arthritis in
dogs & horses, chronic UTI's in cats, and even for humans who suffer
chronic bladder issues & cystitis !

BUT, what is really really exciting is that it is also being used in the
treatment for ongoing chronic bladder issues in guinea pigs!!

We have now used Cartrophen successfully for 4 guinea pigs who have
suffered ongoing chronic bladder issues including interstitial cystitis
(which when chronic has been responsible for the euthanising of piggies
who suffer from it:'()

So, if you have a pig (male or female) that is suffering ongoing UTI’s,
bladder sludge, bladder irritation, interstitial cystitis or other
urinary tract issues – speak to your vet about this amazing drug.

Cartrophen - otherwise known as Pentosan polysulfate (PPS) works by
providing a protective coating to the damaged bladder wall.

Its works by protecting the lining of the bladder from grit and sludge
and crystals.........injections are generally once per month or as
required. Some pigs only need 3-4 treatments

--
Please note the e-mail address change. I will be switching to evelynbaker01 at gmail.com

---