[Gpdd] Save the Date - March 9th!

Peter Gurney Memorial pg_memorial at gpdd.org
Tue Feb 21 09:43:20 EST 2017

Ladies, Gentlemen, and Gentlepigs,
The Annual Peter Gurney Candlelight Memorial will take place again
this year, on March 9th, at 8:00 pm, in your particular time zone.
This is our annual tribute to our beloved friends, both 2- and
4-footed who have left us for the Rainbow Bridge.  For those not
familiar to this beloved ritual, all you have to do is light a candle
on March 9th, at or around 8:00 pm, in your particular time zone.  As
candles are lit in each time zone, the light moves around the world
for all at the Rainbow Bridge to see, and to know that we are
remembering them on this special day.

The Memorial is named for Peter Gurney, a guinea pig advocate and
author who passed away and is now at the Rainbow Bridge with our
beloved friends and pets who are no longer with us.  Mr. Gurney wrote
books that so many of us use on the care of our dear piggies.

So, be sure to mark your calendars for March 9th, at 8:00 pm, and get
your candles ready!  Afterwards, be sure to send a post to the GPDD
with your location, so that we can compile a list of all the places
where candles were lit. This is our tradition, so be sure to tell
others about it too - the more, the better!