[Gpdd] HEALTH Eddie's bladder stone

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends48 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:13:44 EST 2017

Dear Cindy,

I am so very sorry that Eddie has another bladder stone. What devastating
news.

Re the surgery, he definitely does not need to fast and I am ccing you to
make sure that you know this quickly. The reason that some pets have to
fast is that they might vomit during surgery with dangerous results. Our
piggies are unable to vomit so they do not need to fast. I have had to
explain this to vet nurses many times as they do not seem to know this.

If one of mine has to have surgery, I am feeding them right up to the
moment that they are handed over to my vet and I leave food in their
carrier in case the surgery is delayed.

All the very best to Eddie. Paws crossed here at Piggyfriends. Let us know
how he gets on when you have a moment.

Lots of love from Penny xx