[Gpdd] Health: Eddie Has a Bladder Stone

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 12 22:17:34 EST 2017

Dear Cindy and Eddie,

We will definitely be beaming positive thoughts in your direction for Eddie's bladder stone operation, but it sounds as if he should do fine.
My piggy Horatio had bladder stones as well, and sadly, never recovered from the anesthetic and passed away hours after his second operation, but he started to develop a new stone just weeks after his first operation and the second surgery was less than six months after the first.  With Eddy's first surgery three years ago, that should not be a factor at all and he has an excellent chance of coming through with flying colors.  You have definitely done well to avoid a recurrence for so long.
My vet always tells me that piggies can eat and drink normally right up to the moment that they go into the carrier for the trip to the vet's office, though procedures may vary a bit on this.
Best of luck tomorrow --- I'm sure you and Eddy will both be able to heave a sigh of relief before long!
Pat and the Prairie Pigs