[Gpdd] HEALTH: Eddie's surgery

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 21 08:49:24 EST 2017

I want to thank everyone who wrote me about Eddie's bladder stone
surgery.  A lot has been going on, and Eddie took quite a long time to
recover from the anesthesia (as he did the first time around, three
years ago, though it was longer this time).  At one point I thought we
would lose him.  Then his back legs weren't working very well, so we
gently massaged him each day, which seemed to help.  I did go back the
day after surgery (a Saturday, when I saw one of my vet's colleagues),
and Eddie was put on an extra pain med.  That helped, though yesterday I
returned to my vet again as Eddie was seeming less active again.

Eddie will be on pain meds a little longer, but he is tossing shredded
newspaper again (his way to ask for treats), and this morning he was
actually running around in his cage to demand breakfast.

Nugget has been a good little brother and even has served as a barometer
of Eddie's health.  When Eddie felt bad, Nugget sat all hunched up, but
as Eddie has improved, Nugget has also become more active, with relaxed
body language.

Thank you again for your advice, prayers, and encouragement.

Cindy, Eddie, and Nugget