[Gpdd] MISC: RE: Teddys

arcochrane at gmail.com arcochrane at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 14:34:09 EST 2017

Your message made me think of my pig Poofa, who I believe is a Texel. She has the long, curly and puffy afro-type fur (hence her name). I have had MANY pigs over the years and she is the worst one I have ever had behavior-wise. She was mean to her cage-mates Cresta and Clover, so when they passed away in the same year, I thought I would let her be an only pig. I assumed she didn't like Cresta because they were put together as adults, even though that made no sense because Cresta was not dominant at all. She was afraid of Poofa. Clover was an old girl and didn't really care about Poofa, so Poofa focused most of her negative attention on Cresta and mostly bullied her. Then, after a while Poofa seemed sad by herself so I adopted a baby female, and she has been just as mean and bossy to her. There is literally never a time when Poofa isn't mean and bad during floor time. She will find whatever she isn't supposed to, to chew on. She will eat plastic if I don't watch her like a hawk. She also goes after my male Peruvian Rocky and eats his fur off. So I'm sure it depends on the pig, but it is definitely possible that certain breeds are more difficult than others.