[Gpdd] HEALTH: E Cuniculi rears its ugly head in my son's/girlfriend's bunny (maybe)

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 26 13:43:21 EDT 2017

My son and girlfriend recently adopted a three month old male tortoiseshell-colored lionhead rabbit with severe bilateral cataracts. Just to make sure it wasn't contagious to her other bun, she took it (mistakenly) to the practice that misdiagnosed Hershey all those years ago, resulting in the poor piggie's painful and untimely death. Well, I guess they haven't learned very much since then. They said that the cataracts could be due to EC, which is entirely possible. Then they said there's no treatment for it, that they could only treat the symptoms. The folks here at GPDD knew about the use of wormers to fight the deadly protozoan invaders back when Hershey died about 8 years ago. And the internet is full of studies as to the use of the 'zoles and even Baytril in suppression, treatment, and even some cures of EC. I'm so mad I could spit!!!!
Does anyone know the protocol for worming buns?

Outraged, Joanie and The Beautifuls