[Gpdd] MISC: Missing everyone

ME buddies at buddies.org
Wed Jun 28 23:19:29 EDT 2017

I've had very little computer time since April as my cataracts were making it very difficult for me to look at a computer screen ... no matter what settings, it got to the point where it either had too much glare or there wasn't enough contrast to see.  I had surgery last month, and have been resting my eyes most of this month.  Even though my eyesight was almost 20/20 the day after surgery, they tired easily and were very sensitive to light.  I'm still sensitive to light, but not as much.  I don't even need reading glasses!  It's weird not needing glasses (though I've been wearing clear lenses to protect my eyes) as I've worn glasses for 40 years!

I only have one of my older piggies left.  Daisy is almost 5.  Minnie passed away at the end of February.  I was thinking she was going to be my last piggie, at least for awhile, but when Daisy was all alone, I just couldn't let it stay that way.  She was actually fine having a 2X5 foot enclosure all to herself, and she was actually getting to be quite a people pig, but it seemed so empty.  So at the beginning of April we got two little babies, Sapphire, a mostly black American, with a couple of white streaks on the top of her head and on her body, and Pearl, a silver agouti American.

Daisy is a good big sister ... quite patient with the little ones.  I keep telling her she was like them at one time, but she just looks up at me with disbelieving eyes.  Yes, really, you ran around uncontrollably, sometimes not even being able to sit still long enough to eat a carrot ... she really can't believe that ... carrots are her favorite.