[Gpdd] Peter Gurney Memorial Candle Lighting

pat schuett bunzella at yahoo.ca
Sat Mar 11 14:24:51 EST 2017

Hello everyone,
It's so nice to see everyone reporting in from near and far; our little candle lights do indeed go all around the world!
A candle was lit here on the snowy plains of Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada (I believe it was about minus 28 degrees at 8 p.m. on March 9, though not in the piggy room of course).  This year we lost Horatio and Floyd, so they are the ones we were particularly remembering, but my candle is lit in the same room where my piggies have all lived, so this is an opportunity to remember all those many little faces going right back to Daphne and Guinevere, my very first piggies.
Daph and Guinnie faced the mammoth task of breaking all the bad habits I had fallen into having only cats and rabbits to boss me around, and with a lot of repetition and clear direction, were able to teach me the fine points of being a guinea pig slave.  I had never intended to take up with guinea pigs, but I am grateful every day for that fateful meeting at the local humane society shelter some fifteen years ago now!
Thanks to Audrey and Cindy for organizing this every year, and sending out all those reminders to keep us on the straight and narrow ---
Pat and the Prairie Pigs