[Gpdd] Health: Spaying for Uterine Tumor?

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 28 01:29:11 EDT 2017

 Pat-You are not alone in having to make a very hard choice. When Mimi was diagnosed with cancer I talked to the vet for a while before I left about how any actions we took would affect her not me. He had always seen all my piggies & knows how important they are to me & that I am well educated in their care. He studied the x-rays & spent a long time feeling & checking the tumor in her jaw & knew he could not remove the whole tumor without having to remove part of her face & that may not have still gotten the whole thing. It was growing so rapidly. That would have made eating difficult, if not impossible, & she would have probably had to have lived on Critical Care the rest of her life. Her quality of life would just not have been fair to her as much as I selfishly wondered if she could try to live like that for me. I made the decision to let her live out her life being spoiled & let her pick when she wanted to leave. It just killed me to look at her & know that her time was just ticking away but in the end I am glad with the decision I made. She lived a while & had no pain & a good quality of life right up until the very last breath. Basically what I'm saying is only you know your piggie well enough to make this decision. I would be leery of letting an inexperienced vet do a surgery like that but only you know what your gut feeling is. I will keep you both in my prayers. Let us know how things go. Hugs...~Jaime~