[Gpdd] HEALTH - Teddy Bear

bunny rabbit calliope996 at earthlink.net
Sun May 21 15:34:58 EDT 2017

Julie, Teddy Bear, Honey Bunch, and Millie, we know it is a shock to
learn that Teddy Bear is suddenly almost blind, and we are so very
sorry. Yes, diabetes is a possibility, but even if he has it, please
don't feel it is your fault. Corn does have a lot of sugar in it, but he
could also be genetically disposed to having diabetes and would have
gotten it no matter what -- you just never know.

In case he does have diabetes, the diet you are now feeding sounds good.
Others may know more.

We will say, though, that our long-lived rabbit, E.B. White, eventually
developed cataracts, was almost blind, and continued to get around well,
as Teddy Bear is doing. E.B. even had a wood board we would put in a
doorway because he liked to jump over it. He continued to jump it, even
when his eyesight was bad.

We hope that anyone who has or has had a diabetic piggie will jump in
here to give you some advice. We also hope that Honey Bunch will not be
as dominant with Teddy Bear.

All of you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Sadly,
Cindy, Eddie, and Nugget